Öne Çıkan Yayın

kelime videoları

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC91Wrsi_25Ts3280rX8CLDw                                               ...

17 Mart 2014 Pazartesi

TEST YOUR COMPREHENSION - 10

TEST YOUR COMPREHENSION - 10

Sorularda, anlam bakımından hangi cümlenin parçaya uymadığını bulunuz. 

1. (I) I’m sure we would have enjoyed the play much more if we had had better seats. (II) As it was, they were far from good. (III) But the actors and actresses really were wonderful. (IV) They were in the back row and right at the side. (V) This meant we could only see half of the stage.
A) I B) II C) III
D) IV E) V

 
2.  (I) One reason why the detective story is so popular is that the reader puts himself in the place of the detective. (II) Space fiction has also become more popular in recent years. (III) Like the detective he tries to analyse the psychology of the characters. (IV) Like the detective, he looks for clues in the environment. (V) And like him again he wants to solve the mystery. 
A) I B) II C) III D) IV E) V

 
3.  (I) When Colombus decided to sail west in order to get to the east, he faced many problems. (II) For a long time the rich refused to give him money for the project. (III) Having got the money he couldn’t find a crew to sail the ship. (IV) This made people think that the world was flat. (V) In the end he found some prisoners willing to make the voyage with him, and set off with him. 
A) I B) II
C) III D) IV

E) V

     
 4.  Homer’s treatment of the Greek and Trojan heroes is unbiased. (II) He takes great care to show that on both sides there are good and bad people. (III) Although the Trojans are the enemy in Homer’s epic, they are not villains. (IV) The gods were quick to punish such bad behaviour. (V) They are as human and heroic as the Greeks. 
A) I B) II C) III D) IV
E) V


 
5.  (I) The article deals with the problem of pollution, especially water pollution. (II) Present-day traffic has destroyed much of the peace of the city centre. (II) On weekdays there are lorries everywhere delivering goods. (IV) At weekends there is an endless stream of private cars and buses. (V) I am always thankful I live in the quiet outskirts, not in the city centre.
A) I B) II C) III
D) IV E) V


 
6.  (I) Chesterton was a kindly person and much liked wherever he went. (II) Children who met him thought him wonderful. (III) Naturally it was people such as these that he disliked most. (IV) Even so, as a journalist, he found plenty to attack. (V) In particular he fought tyranny at every level of human life. 
A) I B) II
C) III D) IV

E) V

   
 
7.  (I) Someone had suggested that the school should open a little shop for the sale of soft drinks, biscuits, pencils and rubbers. (II) The idea was discussed for half an hour or so. (III) It was finally rejected by quite a large majority. (IV) The older children will be able to help and get a lot of experience. (V) The main objection was that it would be very difficult to organise. 
A) I B) II
C) III D) IV E) V

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder

Popular Posts